December 30, 2011

Scientists can do anything!

Remember that time I failed miserably at curling my hair? I think it was because I wasn't working with hazardous chemicals! That's my niche people. So I don't have a lot of hair which means if I screw up- i'll only have to live with it for a couple weeks. Right? Of course right!

Picking a hair color is akin to dating. I'm afraid of committing to a crazy change! So here is how my sister convinced me to go with the color I chose.

Sister: Look last time you went dark you couldn't even tell. You need drastic.

Me: I could tell!

Sister: You just got a new calling and it's a new year and you're crazy! What would Jem do?! She was blonde and went pink all the time and it worked for her. Just make sure and wear lots of bright colors otherwise people will think you're goth. Scratch that, write dad a goth poem and then show him. Hahaha.

WWJD indeed. Does it worry anyone else that I get fashion advice from an 80s cartoon?
So I went drastic- drastic for me that is.


So I went to work- mixed the color and lo and behold it turned blue on my scalp!
I shouldn't do things like this alone. As an aside if you are trying this at home use vaseline around your scalp and on your ears so the blue doesn't stay.

20 minutes later including rinsing, conditioning, and hairdrying annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

Drumroll please

I'm flippin' SNOW WHITE!

Sassy short black hair? Yes please. Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

    I dyed my hair black once and I loved it, everyone around me loved it, my family hated it. HATED IT. Oh boy... I still hear how I looked goth, sickly, etc... So, sadly, I will never be able to do that again. I will admit, it looks a whole lot better on you than it did on me, so maybe my family had a point, haha.

    ReplyDelete