Hangin' out with my niece this summer was so much fun, but gave me a whole new perspective on having kids. Mainly, that I'm not ready to have my own yet. Good thing I'm single! (There are silver linings)
Playing with her is the BEST! Plus, Ariel and I share the same best friend: Diamond Belle.
Ariel showed her love for her bestest buddy by playing with her. I did by saving her from the little girl.
"Ariel where is Diamond Belle?"
"I put her on the door"
I would find my pup looking ever so sad-leash connected to a random closest doorknob but not making any sounds. Such a patient good dog.
What makes Ariel such a good little monster? She taught herself how to do a handstand when she was in timeout because she had nothing better to do. Brilliant I say! She is also an artist and the world is her CANVAS! Rubbing alcohol should take off permanent marker...for the record.
Basically, being an Aunt to this girl is AWESOME!
One of my favorite things to do with her is read her stories. (Most of the time I make them up though)
The story is usually about Mater and Lightning McQueen taking her on adventures. Those are her favorite.
But I want to read her Fancy Nancy books.
I totally see them relating. Plus then I can teach her fancy words just like I teach her how to make funny faces >;o]
Ariel teaches me all sorts of awesome things (like how to be freakin' adorable and mischievous at the same time..I mean come on I'm working on it)
Here she teaches her dear Auntie Jenny how to tame a dinosaur.She then let's her friends take rides on him.
Talent my friends. Pure talent.
Auntie Jenny Fail
It is true when the scriptures say we need to "become as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father." The little girl is so full of spunk and love. Sure, she is still a little girl and gets grumpy when she doesn't get her nap, but she is so willing to learn. Whenever she gets in trouble you can tell she is very sorry. No wonder they say when you want to come unto Christ you need to be like a child. Ariel teaches me not to let bitterness overcome me because of my own life experiences. Also happiness is not dependent on your circumstances. I hope Ariel remembers how much worth she has. I know her mom does her best to tell her. It makes me think that Heavenly Father must think the same thing about us. Oh how I hope they remember how much they are worth. And thinking of my favorite little monster and knowing I'd never ever stop loving her helps me understand that of course my Heavenly Father would never stop loving me.
So she is the rainbow sprinkle topping for my life- It just wasn't great enough without Ariel.



No comments:
Post a Comment